Readers really enjoyed Ten to Toss in 2010 so I thought it would be helpful to look at Eleven Ideas to Emulate in 2011.
Don’t over think. Don’t major in minor things.
2. FOCUS ON THE LITTLE THINGS AND THE BIG THINGS OFTEN GO AWAY.
Most of life is maintenance.
3. LEARN THE SECRET OF POSITIVE PEOPLE
The secret? They’re good at not being negative.
4. STAY CLEAR OF NEGATIVE PEOPLE
They’re exhausting and you tend to become like the people with whom you associate.
5. DON’T MAKE DECISIONS WHEN YOU ARE IN UNRESOURCEFUL STATES
Fear, anger and fatigue are unresourceful states.
6. FOCUS ON “WHY?” RATHER THAN “WHAT.”
To radically improve your effectiveness throughout the day ask yourself “Why am I doing this and why am I doing it now?”
7. PRACTICE GRATITUDE
It is impossible to have a negative thought while being thankful and grateful. Focus on what you have.
8. SPEND TIME WITH DOGS AND SMALL CHILDREN
Neither holds a grudge. Both live in the present.
9. UNDERSTANDING THE POSITIVE ASPECTS OF WORRY
Worry can be your friend. It works as a “smoke detector.” It can alert you to areas that need attention.
10. FOCUS ON WHAT YOU CAN CONTROL
The only things we control are telling people what we want and choosing how we respond to circumstances.
11. STOP TRYING TO CHANGE OTHERS
People don’t like it and it doesn’t work.